" Sound design is more than just placing sound to a scene, it is about suggesting mood, evoking emotion, connecting otherwise unconnected ideas..."
Michael Medhurst is a Sound Designer and Re-recording Mixer at Sound Surfers.
He was the first official member of the team having joined in 2009 as a Sound Designer. Since then, Mike has worked on many of Sound Surfers award winning and nominated projects and worked his way into the role of Re-recording mixer.
Mike's philosophy of Sound design is more than just placing sound to a scene, it is about suggesting mood, evoking emotion, connecting otherwise unconnected ideas and psycoacoustic story telling. (all with a wave of his magic sound wand)
· Agent - ADR Recording Engineer
· Mense Mense - Re-recording Mixer
· Deep End – Sound Designer
· Unknown - Sound Designer / Re-recording Mixer
· Wayde van Niekerk – Sound Designer
· Colours - Sound Designer / Re-recording Mixer
· Cold Harbour – Sound Designer
· Semi Soet – Sound Designer
· State of Violence – Sound Designer